In our first session, we do a thorough intake, which includes a physical, mental, emotional and spiritual history.
Together we identify current issues and agree on mutual goals for healing. These goals will shape the course of the session, whether it be a Reiki healing; a Healing Touch Session; or a Body Stories session. Often I will combine elements of two or three of these modalities, taking a multi-faceted approach to whatever problem, goal or issue the client comes in with.
I work very intuitively, following the energy throughout the session, since it may change course. I believe that it’s more important to be aware of and follow the flow of energy than to stick to a set program. The bottom line is restoring balance. Once harmony and balance is restored, we can build from there, from one session to the next.
Originally from New York City, I came to San Francisco in 1971. I was interested in holistic health and took my first hundred hour training in massage in 1978. I began working with clients immediately. I went on from there to study at National Holistic Institute in Emeryville, CA and was on the faculty there from 1987-1994.
I became interested in energy medicine when my husband who had HIV was benefiting from Reiki sessions. I was so inspired that I began training in Reiki, achieving my masters level certification in 1998.
My interest in erergy medicine continued and I began to study Healing Touch in 2012 and completed my certification in 2013. Always seeking more paths to healing, I took a training in Body Stories Work in 2014.
“Let me help you restore harmony and balance in your life.”
As an energy medicine practitioner, I work with clients on all four levels:
Energy Medicine Resume
San Francisco, CA
1997 - New College of California - Bachelor of Arts Degree/Humanities
1979 - City College of San Francisco - Associate of Arts Degree - general education with minor in physical education and health
*10/2013 to Present: Healing Touch Certified Practitioner - private practice
* 3/13/98 to Present: Reiki Master - private practice and volunteer work
*1978 to Present: Certified Massage Therapist- works with clients in private practice
Energy Medicine Trainings:
10/20/13 - Healing Touch Practitioner - Level 5 and Completion of HT Levels 1 through 5 -- Burlingame, California. Instructor: Carol Kinney, R.N., BSN, HNC, HTCP/I
8/30/14 - Reiki Level II Practitioner - Dr. Kirk Prine and Donny Lobree
* 3/13/98 - Reiki Master/Teacher Certificate - Jurgen Schweighart, Reiki Master; UsuiSystem of Natural Healing
9/30/94 - Reiki - Second Degree Level - Cheryl L. Coleman, Reiki Master; International Reiki Healing Association
7/5/94 - Reiki - First Degree - Cheryl L. Coleman, Reiki Master; International Reiki
* 2014 - Certified Massage Therapist - CA Massage Therapy Council (7/9/2014)
* 1987 - Holistic Bodywork Therapist and Health Educator (1000 hour certificate) National Holistic Institute, Emeryville, CA
1978 - Certified Massage Technician San Francisco School of Massage (100/hrs)
Professional Memberships & Affiliations:
*Reiki Membership Association - ICRT- Affiliate Member - since 9/23/14
*HealingTouch Professional Association Member - since 4/12/12
*Member of the American Massage Therapy Association - since1988
November/2014 to Present- Charlotte Maxwell Complementary Clinic - San Francisco: providing energy medicine treatments for poor women with cancer.
* May/ 2013 to Present - Jewish Home of San Francisco: Providing Healing Touch for residents of Jewish Home.
* April 2012 to Present - Mercy Center Healing Touch Clinic - Providing Healing Touch for clients of the Clinic.
* 1985-86 - Massage Volunteer: AIDS Homecare and Hospice, and San Francisco General Hospital (Ward 5A) - Provided massage and gentle touch services for AIDS patients, under the supervision of Irene Smith.